On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 9:53:20 AM UTC-4, Alexandre LAQUERRE wrote:

> Thank you very much for the information,
>

> I was able to convince our customer to deploy the new version update in
> order to limit the downtime and well he is going to install 10 or 20
> machines in order to see if it works or not.
>

> Thank you,
>

> Alexandre Laquerre
>
> Analyste Sécurité

Hi so I have installed a few agents with the 2.8.3 and then i noticed a lot
of duplicates so i stopped the server and then cleared the RIDS files
however  i now see this isseu in the server logs :
ERROR: Invalid ID for the source ip:

I have installed so far 10 agents with version 2.8.3 however  we have
around 1500 agents. The duplicates are still there, is there another way
because clearing the RIDS does not see to make any difference . Who decides
who gets the RIDS ? is there an option to force the server to have control
and thus decide that everyone accepts the RIDS that is given to the agent
because it seems as is the agent has power over the server and I am not
really understanding this. Any help would really be appreciated as I am
stumped presently.

Thank you