Hi,

in order to know if an agent is connected, disconnected or never connected
OSSEC reads the modification date of the files in
*/var/ossec/queue/agent-info/*:*

   - if there is no file for the agent the status is *never connected*
   - if the modification time of the file is less than a defined tiemout,
   the status is *actived*. If it is greater then the status is
   *disconnected*.

I guess those files are updated by the Manager each time that the agents
send a "keep-alive".

I'm not sure, but I think the timeout is around 30 minutes.

Regards,
Jesus Linares.