My web servers logs are being decoded as 'pure-transfer' instead of as an
apache log due to the time format, which includes a dash '-". If I remove
the dash, then the logs are decoded as apache logs. I believe I have to
apache or 2) update the format of the logs in my apache config. Please
explain how I would change the precedence or perhaps there is a better
solution?

My OSSEC server is running OSSEC HIDS v2.8.3.

*SAMPLE LOG FILE:*
46.229.168.71 - - [29/Jan/2017:06:34:13 -0800] "GET
/web/guest/community-action1%3BOldBars58@jsessionid%3D194335F9E14CFE295BDBAACC95467F6D

HTTP/1.1" 404 27590 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; SemrushBot/1.2~bl;
+http://www.semrush.com/bot.html)"

Thank you,

Gil Vidals
Etica, Inc.