Hi, I realize this is a slightly older discussion, but it's the closest I
could find to anyone with experience collecting ForwardedEvents event
channel logs with Ossec when using Windows Event Collection.

I have a server configured as a Event Collector "subscriber", gathering
system/application/security logs from remote workstations out in the field,
using the method basically described here:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749183(v=ws.11).aspx.

This creates an EventChannel source on the server called "ForwardedEvents",
which I have an Ossec agent installed on and configured to grab with the
following config (via shared agent.conf);

<agent_config name="collectorservername">
   <localfile>
      <log_format>eventchannel</log_format>
      <location>ForwardedEvents</location>
   </localfile>
 </agent_config>

According to Ossec agent log on the "collector" server, the event channel
can be opened, but when an event comes in from a remote system, I get an
error: