On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 9:25 AM Burkhard Schultheis
<burkhard.schulth...@web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to get an email from OSSEC when a port is opened or closed in the
> firewall. Therefore I changed "no_log" in firewall_rules.xml to "log".
> But the OSSEC failed to start. What's wrong? How to get the desired
> emails for firewall changes? It's OSSEC v3.3.0 on CentOS 6.10.

What do you mean by "a port is opened or closed in the firewall?" Do
you mean when a program is listening on a port,
or the ruleset is modified to allow traffic through a particular port?

What type of firewall?

I don't think "log" is a valid value for <options>. Just remove the line.
You can look at the ossec.log on the server for more details as to why
it's failing.