Dear all,

I am deploying OSSEC in restricted environment where agent and hosts are
segregated by L3 switch.

1- when I open 1514 udp/tcp on server the agent shows "never connected" as
the host which is my windows machine is unable to get any response from
server because ossec uses random high ports. using tcpdump on server I can
see server sending and receiving fix length of 73 size udp packets using
port 1514, but no packets approaching the host machine.

2- for testing when I opened IP-IP to access means all ports access to and
from server the agent manages to connect to server.

The problem is I have to specify specific ports for hosts using ossec using
ACL on network level, as the environment is restricted and IP-IP access is
not allowed.