On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 2:51 AM Matthew Weekley <tweekl...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> I am looking to boot the kernel I generated from the build script.
>
> How would one recommend doing so using grub? I have noticed that OSv
> doesn't support multiboot, or so it seems to me. I am not a grub expert by
> any means so that's why I am asking for some help. I am doing a school
> research project on Unikernels and am looking to show performance increase
> running that running a unikernel as a standalone provides.

Besides the kernel format issues which I see that you're discussing with
Pekka  and Waldek, there may be a more serious problem -
You're mentioning running OSv in grub, and "running a unikernel as a
standalone". Does this mean you want to run OSv on an actual physical
machine, not a VM inside a hypervisor?

If this is the case the bigger problem you'll encounter is that OSv will
not have a driver for your network card, and probably also not for your
disk drive. One of the things which simplified OSv's development is that we
didn't need to implement a hundred drivers for different hardware. Doing
this is not impossible, but will not be trivial either.