Hi,

Welcome to the OSv community!

As you have already realized OSv images can be built and run using these
two methods:
- scripts/build and scripts/run.py from OSv repo
- Capstan

Unfortunately, Capstan has always been somewhat "behind" the 1st method in
terms of filesystems (RoFS, ZFS, VirtioFS) and hypervisors it can run on.
To make this even more confusing Capstan support 2 way of building images -
with Capstanfile and with packages. We have plans to improve Capstan (see
https://github.com/cloudius-systems/capstan/wiki/Capstan-2.0) but it may
not happen until later this year.

Regarding your specific problem (I am assuming you are running the latest
version 1.0 which I released a month or two ago), I would need to test and
investigate it. How do you exactly build the image using Capstan? What
packages/repo do you use?

I must admit that I do not use Capstan often myself to run images because
run.py is so much more versatile. Please note you can always build images
using Capstan which is pretty easy and advisable and you can run those
images with run.py using the "-i <imag_path>" option. You can also use
-dry-run option which will output a shell script that you can use instead.

./scripts/run.py -i
~/.capstan/repository/test-golang-example-rofs/test-golang-example-rofs.qemu

OSv v0.57.0
eth0: 192.168.122.15
Booted up in 172.55 ms
Cmdline: runscript /run/default;
runscript expand fn='/run/default' line=0 '/go.so /hello.so'
Hello, 世界
Go version: go1.12.6

Regards,
Waldek

PS. This actively maintained shell script
- scripts/tests/compose_and_test_selected_apps.sh - may be somewhat useful
to see an example of how Capstan is used to build various images and run.py
to run it.