Carson,
Sorry it has taken so long to respond and I almost forgot exactly what I
wrote.  But, I believe the definition I wrote was something like as follows:

Occupational therapy is enabling meaningful occupation back into someone's
life who for some reason is not participating in work(productivity), leisure,
self care (ADL's), or rest, the way they used to and desire a healthier
balance of these occupations in their life.

I honeslty don't know if this is the universal definition, but, I think that
this one fits the profession pretty good.  The reason I think so is because
this definition allows for a therapist to use any frame of refference that
he/she feels fit to facilitate the main goal of  occupations in the clients
life no matter the clinical setting.

Write back if you want further explanation.
Ryan

Unsubscribe? Send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the message's *body*, put the following text:

unsubscribe OTlist

List messages are archived at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/otlist@otnow.com