Hello Makoto:

Thank  you for introducing yourself. Let me take this opportunity to say
welcome to you and to the dozens of other new OTnow list members!!

The  OTnow list has been in existence in some form or another for nearly
5 years. During this time, membership has grown to the current number of
493   members.   The   List   is  an  eclectic  group  of  international
practitioners,   non-practitioners  (i.e.  AOTA  personnel),  educators,
students  and  even  a couple of great PT's. Many of the list members do
not   actively  post  messages  and  instead  choose  to  be  non-active
participants. And, this is the glory of a list serve! You can learn much
information without becoming overly involved.

The  OTnow  list  is  open to almost any topic that any member wishes to
discuss. If you look back through the archives, you may notice that much
discussion  has  centered  around  the role of OT in the clinic. This is
primarily  because  I  have  and  continue  to raise questions about the
theoretical practice of OT.

However,  I  am  sure  that  many  readers would like to engage in other
topics such as treatment techniques, billing, ethical questions, etc. Of
course,  such topics will only come up for discussion if someone raises
the question and others reply.

For  the  most  part,  List  members  are  kind  and courteous, however,
occasionally  there  are a personal attacks. Such incidents have always
been  self-regulated  but  removing people from the list who continue to
engage  in  negative  behavior  is an option. Fortunately, this has only
been done 1 time in five years.

Makoto, again, welcome to you and all the other new list members. I hope
each  of  you  will  find the list and interesting and inviting place to
share your questions and opinions.

Ron Carson

On 9/28/2003,[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

MK> Dear OTnow,

MK> Let me introduce myself.
MK> My name is Makoto Kyogoku.
MK> Kyogoku is my family name.
MK> I am Japanese occupational therapist.
MK> I am working in the mental hospital.
MK> I want to share an experience and knowledge with the company of OT.
MK> But, because it is poor at English, a communication may not be able to be
MK> done well.
MK> Thank you for your cooperation.

MK> Makoto Kyogoku, BA, OTR

MK> *****************************ой**********************************

MK> To remove yourself from the OTnow mail list, send a message to:

MK> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

MK> In the message, indicate what address you want removed from OTnow

MK> -

MK> List messages are archived at:

MK> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To remove yourself from the OTnow mail list, send a message to:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the message, indicate what address you want removed from OTnow

-

List messages are archived at: