How about in America?   Is Prescription allow for OT in USA?

There's this hearing impaired lady who's now using cochlear implant instead of hearing
aids (she's an OTA now) who told me recently that her license is currently in escrow.
Medicare made big cuts at the time she graduated, even tho OT is a rehab profession
career, nobody wanted to hire anyone with a hearing problem.  So is this true?
Because, I, myself is hard of hearing and majoring in a dual degree in bio and
occupational therapy.  Will I have a problem getting my license because I, for one, am
hearing impaired?

I also heard that OT would need MAs to start this profession, which is a good thing
that I'm on the right track. Is getting doctorate OT worth it even though you have
your masters?  Is there anything else I need to know about my rights as disability in
OT profession?

Anyone from New York?

di ( ;