Ron,

This doesn't make sense; the "FIRST COAST SERVICE OPTIONS
LOCAL COVERAGE DETERMINATION CODING GUIDELINES" (revised 1/1/05) state
that "Active wound care interventions as performend by physical
therapists, occupational therapists, and enterostomal therapy nurses are
reported by means of codes 97597 or 97598 and *97602."

Chuck

****************

http://www.floridamedicare.com/parta_medcov_local_Debridement%20Services-01.asp

Selective debridement is reported with 97597 or 97598 and non-selective
with *97602. The provider performs wound care management to promote
healing using either selective or non-selective debridement techniques
to remove devitalized tissue. Active wound care interventions as
performend by physical therapists, occupational therapists, and
enterostomal therapy nurses are reported by means of codes 97597 or
97598 and *97602.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/08/05 7:28 AM >>>
               ============== Heads Up =================

After  many  long  conversations  with  my  Medicare fiscal intermediary
(First Coast Service Options), they are refusing to pay for active wound
care simply because the procedure was provided by an OT. According to my
most recent conversations, effective January 1, 2005, wound care is only
covered  if  done by PT, it is not covered if done by OT. I have written
to Medical Policy Review but it does not look good.

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Change options?

Help?
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]