Hi Ron,

One of the primary purposes of any proffesional organization is to keep
abreast of potential lawmaking that could negatively affect our proffesion
and lobby on our behalf. They did an excellent job with the Medicare caps.
SMILE. They learned the value of lobbying this time and getting members of
our proffesion to act. That is how laws are made in this country. I do not
know the specifics but I assume no one lobbied the congressmen who drew up
the medicare home health policies back when it was done. They have gone full
force over therapy caps. Did they do so when home health policies wer made?
Doubt it. I would love to know more but as for now I have to go on
assumtion.
Gina