Hi Aine,

  Any help would be wonderful.  Yes, I would appreciate those web links.

  We are currently using an evaluation form in our inpatient geripsych unit
that someone down the line developed which has nothing to do with occupation
whatsoever.  I am required to use the form, but I tend to write in the margins
and blank spaces mostly while utilizing data from the COPM, KELS and/or the
Short Blessed.

  The outpatient program is just talk as of now, but it would be interesting
and rewarding.

  Thank you,

  Jimmie

AINE SUTTLE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi Jim,

I am not sure how much help I will be. I work for an
ACT Team, which is based on the American model, so it
is probably still very similar to what you have in the
States. We work out of a general hospital but don't
have a huge amount of contact with other departments.
We work out of the same floor as other Psychiatry
Services but hardly seem them as we are out in the
community most of the time, and they work from their
offices.

If it is of any use I could get you a list of the
other out-patient mental health services in our
hospital and if possible web links.

The RAI came up as an issue because our Emergency,
Crisis Unit, Short Stay unit and Acute in-patient ward
are insisting that we complete the RAI questionaire on
our clients when they are admitted to the hospital.
It is very time consuming and basically takes one of
our staff out of action for a day. It is a new system
for us and I was hoping that I could get some feedback
from others on the list who may be using it in the
States where it was developed.

Regards,

Aine

--- Jim Arceneaux wrote:

> Hello Aine,
>
> I don't have information on RAI/MH, but I was
> wondering if I could pick your brain on occupational
> therapy mental health services in an outpatient
> environment. The hospital I am affiliated with is
> discussing starting outpatient services. If you
> would, what is the scope of O.T. services in this
> setting? Would you provide some information on
> typical interventions?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jimmie
>
> AINE SUTTLE wrote:
> Our hospital is now using the RAI/MH (mental
> health)
> reporting system. It is proving to be very time
> consuming and frustrating for our outpatient team at
> work. The bit of research that I have done on the
> internet gives me the impression that it is purely
> an
> inpatient tool. I noticed that there is another form
> RAI/CMH for community services. Does anybody know if
> it has been released for use yet?
>
> Also I would be interested in hearing from others
> who
> have experience using it.
>
> Aine Suttle
> Toronto, Canada
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Change options?
> www.otnow.com/mailman/options/otlist_otnow.com
>
> Archive?
> www.mail-archive.com/otlist@otnow.com
>
> Help?
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Change options?
> www.otnow.com/mailman/options/otlist_otnow.com
>
> Archive?
> www.mail-archive.com/otlist@otnow.com
>
> Help?
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Enroll in Boston University's post-professional Master of Science for OTs
Online. Gain the skills and credentials to propel your career.
www.otdegree.com/otnow

starting at 1ยข/min.