Hello Joan.

Thanks for your reply.

I  have asked similiar question on several different forums. Normally, I
get no response. I do not personally know any doctors.

I've written many times that I don't think occupation is a good fit with
medicine. Looks like I finding out first hand just how true this is.

Thanks  for  the  heads  up  about  Enabling Occupation II. According to
CAOT's site, the book is almost $100.00 (Canadian).

I  feel  really  stuck  because  I want to market occupation but I don't
think  I can successfully do it. Instead, I market my services (which of
course relate to occupation) but it's not quite the same.

You  know,  it  seems so ironic that OT is approaching 100 years in this
country  and we still can NOT easily and successfully market our primary
domain of concern. But I guess that a topic for another thread.

"In  the  United  States, occupational therapy is ideally suited to meet
the  health  needs  of  people  of all ages." [Fred Somers, AJOT, April,
2005]

"The  part of convalescence that I found most profoundly humiliating and
depressing  was  [OT]...  I was reduced to playing with brightly colored
plastic  letters  ...  like  a three-year-old..." [AJOT, April, 2005, p.
231]