Joan, interesting answer, as always.

I don't understand the following:

JR> Occupation in this setting is providing support for the satisfaction
JR> of doing which may be possible only at the level of actions.

Also, I'm not sure that I fully accept this statement:

JR> For many women, cooks, waiters, butlers and footmen the memories and
JR> sense of accomplishment even in a simulated task will be far greater
JR> than using cones.

Even  though  a  person  previously engaged in an occupation, that is no
assurance  that  the person will derive any sense of accomplishment from
TRYING  the  same  occupation.  In fact, I OFTEN find just the opposite.
Many  times,  people  are unwilling to learn a new way of doing what was
once a familiar occupation.

Interesting topics!