From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Ron Carson
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 5:10 PM
To: Joan Riches
Subject: Re: [OTlist] Sorting Silverware?

Joan, interesting answer, as always.

I don't understand the following:

JR>Sorry. [ Enabling ]occupation in this setting is providing support for
the satisfaction
JR> of doing which may be possible only at the level of actions.

Also, I'm not sure that I fully accept this statement:

JR> For many women, cooks, waiters, butlers and footmen the memories and
JR> sense of accomplishment even in a simulated task will be far greater
JR> than using cones.

Even though a person previously engaged in an occupation, that is no
assurance that the person will derive any sense of accomplishment from
TRYING the same occupation. In fact, I OFTEN find just the opposite.
Many times, people are unwilling to learn a new way of doing what was
once a familiar occupation.

Interesting topics!