From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ron Carson
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 3:24 PM
To: Chuck Willmarth
Subject: Re: [OTlist] Do You Agree with This Statement?

Chuck, stop busting my bubble.... <BIG smile>

As  usual,  Chuck  is  correct. The quote IS from AOTA's Grip and Grin
brochure. And as Paul Harvey say's, "Here's the rest of the story."

I  recently received an AOTA e-mail announcing that an OT was going to
be  on "The Early Show", discussing preventing hand and wrist injuries
on  the  campaign trail. The source of the message was Heather Huhman,
AOTA Media Relations Manager.

Because  I  am  so  against OT being affiliated with UE/hand issues, I
promptly replied to Ms. Huhman's message with the following:

        Great,  National exposure about OT's being hand/UE therapists.
        That's the LAST thing our profession needs.

        Let's  get some media relations about OT helping people engage
        in  occupations,  especially  those  that  don't  focus on the
        hand/UE!

Apparently,  my  message  was forwarded to Chritine Metzler (who works
for  AOTA  but  I'm  not sure in what capacity) and she replied to me.
Part of her reply was directing me to AOTA's "Grip and Grin" brochure.
The quote in the brochure, which I included in the original message of
this thread, stood out. I posted it because I'm curious to know if any
OT's on this list agree with statement.

I'm  still  curious  to know if any OT's see themselves as: "expert in
preventing   and   treating   conditions   such  as  repetitive-motion
injuries".

I know for a fact, that is NOT how I see OT.

Thanks.....