I've had quite a few patients that c/o this problem. So far, the most
successful way for my patients has been to have them dry off and dress while on
the shower bench, then xfer. The other way has been to have them sit on a dry
towel and xfer on a sliding board. Hope this helps. Angie    <(* )
   (\\)          ==   ""\\ ==> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:56:37 -0500> From:
rdcar...@otnow.com> To: OTlist@OTnow.com> Subject: [OTlist] Shower Bench to W/C
Transfer?> > I have a patient who is at the w/c level and reports that because
her> skin sticks, it is very difficult transferring from a shower bench to> her
w/c.> > Does anyone have experience or suggestions to reduce the friction when>
doing wet shower bench to w/c transfers?> > Thanks,> > Ron> > --> Ron Carson
MHS, OT> www.OTnow.com> > > --> Options?>
www.otnow.com/mailman/options/otlist_otnow.com> > Archive?>