I don't need an order in a SNF but I need an order in Home Care - might be the agency policy but all agencies I've worked for required an order for this. laura W. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Audra Ray" <audra...@yahoo.com>
To: <OTlist@OTnow.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: [OTlist] What Would YOU Do?

If a patient has an order for O2 sats to stay above 93%, then you usually have to take the pulse ox to determine that. I work in SNF and have never heard you had to have an order to use it. To me it's like blood pressure, if you think you should take it, take it. Use professional judgement.

My two cents,

Audra Ray, OTR/L