My 85 yr old mother post CVA X 2 had oxygen PRN ordered while receiving home health. She has had a DNR order for 2 years She is in a dementia unit in an assisted living facility. Home health was checking her and pushing the oxygen stressing out all the staff causing everyone to overreact to having the oxygen off. She was almost ejected from the assisted facility to a nursing home. PT was walking her with oxygen etc. I felt that I had to put her on Hospice to get everyone to leave her alone. If she has low oxygen it does not mean she is in distress. She recovers from shortness of breath easily. She forgets to put it on, needs reminders. I believe it is about what the goals are as well. The focus seems to be on keeping everyone on the oxygen for the payments Medicare will provide?..........minimizing interventions at the end of life seems like the kindest response in my case. Taking stats with the pulse ox for what reason? Are we going to be able to change the stat? Will this be a short term or long term improvement once the therapy PT/OT is dc'd? Resp. tx just pumps it up! One resp tx told me she could die in her sleep, as a way to encourage me to take her for another sleep study. I responded with, "Wouldn't that be a blessing?" that is what I pray for - for myself. TN is where I live.