From: Barbara H. Hale <bhh...@musfiber.com>
To: OTlist@OTnow.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 12:28:48 PM
Subject: Re: [OTlist] NEED HELP WITH PATIENT

It is difficult conceptualize what a day in the life of a dementia patient
would be like.  She probably will not initiate tasks.  She is in need of
someone to work with her on anything she does. Maybe she could help with clean
up rather than cooking. Could she read the recipe to her husband while he is
cooking?  It is hard to believe she is an avid reader, it may be a bluff to
allow her to feel better about herself.  If husband is falling he may benefit
from helping her with some exercise.   He could start walking with her daily
while it is getting nice outside and both would  gain from the movements, fresh
air, stimulation.  You could look at their daily routines to assist in
community resources for maintaining their health and safety.