Hey Ron and group,
Here is a case I had this week in home health.  Brief history includes a
significant emotional trauma about 4 years ago.  Apparently the pt. got
mixed up in a multi-level/pyramid scheme of some sort and lost lots of
money.  According to her husband, shortly after she had an emotional
break down and has never recovered.
 Fast forward to the referral... now she has fallen at home with a
displaced femoral neck fx. and surgical repair.  She is only 68 yo and
now has a dx. Of Alzheimer's type dementia for which she is taking
Aricept and depression (taking Zoloft). The husband reports the med's
have not helped.  She is very impulsive, has the "lithium/trazadone
stare", is not able to talk and will only occassionally follow
directions/cues of any kind.
The husband is the primary caregiver and is providing excellent care.
What would you do to serve her occupational needs?

The information contained in this electronic document from Advanced Home Care
is privileged and confidential information intended for the sole use of
otl...@otnow.com.  If the reader of this communication is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the person
listed above and discard the original.-----Original Message-----