Funny you say that. After a 7 year hiatus, this fall I'm teaching "Intro
to OT" to OTA students.

I'm  already  lining  up  patients  to  come  in  and  talk  about their
experiences  with  disability  and  characteristics  that  make  a  good
therapist.

Today, I asked a patient the following question:

        Would  you  rather  have  a  highly knowledgeable therapist with
        average  communication  skills or an average knowledge therapist
        with high communication skills.

This  patient  felt that high communications skills (i.e. listening) are
more important than high knowledge.

I   think   this   kind  of  information  is  INVALUABLE  to  developing
students....

Thanks for asking about teaching. It truly is a passion of mine!

Ron

~~~
Ron Carson MHS, OT
www.OTnow.com