In Inpatient Rehab you cannot see more than one patient as a time unless they
are part of a group. If they are a group they have to have similar goals that
are part of each patients individual plan that can be matched together. While
there is no set limit on how much group therapy a patient can receive as a
proportion of their therapy, Skilled nursing facilities are limited to 25% and
it is recommended that rehab does not exceed this as well.

While some of patient's goals often include being able to use their affected
upper extremity one should really focus on the clients occupational goals. The
problems generally start with the evaluation process. If you do not identify
occupational issues and patient goals in your evaluation but identify upper
extremity issues that is where you will focus your treatment. Has anyone used
the "Cardinal Hill Occupational Framework documentation that identifies
documentation that focuses on the occupational framework and hence helps to
guide the clinical reasoning process to a more occupationally focuses manner.

This then means that generally the clinical setting needs to change
particularly in rehab, so that the treatment media would need to be focused on
various occupational options. I built boxes or kits with a variety of options
that my clients expressed interest in. It is best to use the real objects and
occupations.

Hope this helps some.
Sue D