Hi Eddie,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 05:42:31PM -0700, Eddie Urenda wrote:

> I've been playing around with OTRS (using it niceley on Postgresql 7.2 :)
> and have still not managed to figure out if a feature is available or not
> (this is probably something very basic).
>
> Is there a way to define an auto-reponse to go out when a new incoming
> message gets put into a queue?

Ja, you can define a auto-response for each queue (different auto-reponse).

 -=> Login witn admin permissions (e. g. root@localhost) -=>
 -=> Goto: AdminArea -=> Goto: Auto Responses -=> Defined a auto-reponse with type
(auto reply)
 -=> Goto: Queue <-> Auto Response -=> select your "RAW" queue and click on "Change
setting"
 -=> select your types of auto-responses and click update

> In other words, let's say I have everything coming into the 'RAW' queue.
> Is there a way that I can define a 'klez' queue that will auto-reply to
> messages that are moved from the 'RAW' to the 'klez' queue automatically?
>
> I'd like to have somebody sort through our queue, and if they identify a
> message as a certain type, to put it into a queue that will send an
> auto-reponse automatically.
>
> Is this possible?

Normally it would be better if you can sort the messages before the message
arrive the OpenTRS system. E. g. with different email addresses or a web form
where the customers can select the topic... Then the OpenTRS can sort the
messages for you.

Back to your question. ,-) Your scenario is not possible at the moment.
I think what you want is a feature "send notification to reporter by ticket action"
(e. g. move, lock, ...) to get the transparency to the customer (there was a discussion
about this feature - http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/dev/2002-June/000005.html).

This feature is on the todo list (category misc). It would be easy to implement,
but I have to do a lot of other stuff. Maybe somebody can help with this feature?

> -Eddie

  Martin

--
Martin Edenhofer - <martin at edenhofer.de> - http://martin.edenhofer.de/