Thanks guys :) Noticed it shortly after I sent the email to the list, sorry
about that.. Thanks for helping me out anyway :)

Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Stefan Wintermeyer
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 9:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [otrs] Ticket number format

Hi Andre,

On Wed, Feb 19, Andre Fortin wrote:
> We recently implemented an OTRS system for dealing with internal and 3rd
> party requests to our operations centre.  The problem is that some 3rd
> parties have complained that the ticket numbers are far too long, and are
> very irritating to have to read aloud during a phone call.

Take my word for it. They are NOT too long. We have thought extremly
well about this and think that it is quite perfect for the long run.

> Is it possible
> to shorten the ticket number length?

Of course it is possible. :-) Please have a look at the documentation
at
http://otrs.org/pages/index.pl?Action=Ext&Site=Docu/configfile-ticketnumberf
ormat.html

There you'll find a description how to create you own format or how to
configure different formats. In case you'll find a better solution
please let us know and share it with us.

take care
  Stefan

--
Stefan Wintermeyer

   Mr. Simpson, don't you worry. I watched Matlock in a bar last night.
   The sound wasn't on, but I think I got the gist of it. (Lionel Hutz)
                                                         "The Simpsons"