Over the weekend somebody attempted to send us a word document full of
screen captures (3.5 meg or more) that just refused to be imported to the
ticket thread for a case. The result was 100 follow ups of the same
message... none of which ever got fully imported or deleted from the mail
server.

My current working theory (I know nothign of MySQL) is that the table for
attachments has a size limit on the attachment blob (if it is a blob) and
MySQL doesn't have table autosizing enabled (if that's an option) the result
being that the data could not be imported, it bombed on saving the
attachment and thus, the full import cycle never completed. I fear I may
find a database full of junk when I start looking.

1) How can safely delete these 100 or so follow ups and matching attachments
from the table?
2) How can I prevent this in the future?

Also, is ticket merging possible in the next release? We have alot of people
who send in an email the follow up five minutes later with "I forgot to
mention" and end up opening two cases.

CT