Hi Charles,

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 04:01:27PM -0400, Charles R. Rusty Thompson wrote:
> Over the weekend somebody attempted to send us a word document full of
> screen captures (3.5 meg or more) that just refused to be imported to the
> ticket thread for a case. The result was 100 follow ups of the same
> message... none of which ever got fully imported or deleted from the mail
> server.
>
> My current working theory (I know nothign of MySQL) is that the table for
> attachments has a size limit on the attachment blob (if it is a blob) and
> MySQL doesn't have table autosizing enabled (if that's an option) the result
> being that the data could not be imported, it bombed on saving the
> attachment and thus, the full import cycle never completed. I fear I may
> find a database full of junk when I start looking.
>
> 1) How can safely delete these 100 or so follow ups and matching attachments
> from the table?

With SQL:

 *) SELECT id FROM article WHERE a_message_id = "your-email-message-id";
 *) DELETE FROM article WHERE id = ???;
 *) DELETE FROM article_attachment WHERE article_id = ???;

> 2) How can I prevent this in the future?

See: http://doc.otrs.org/1.1/html/performance-tuning.html#PERFORMANCE-TUNING-OTRS

 -=> TicketStorageModule

(Increase the MySQL max_allowed_packet config option or use the FS backend.)

> Also, is ticket merging possible in the next release? We have alot of people
> who send in an email the follow up five minutes later with "I forgot to
> mention" and end up opening two cases.

Yes, it's on the TODO list.

> CT

  -Martin