Hi Jerome,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 12:56:11PM +0200, Jerome Le Montreer(lx-prv) wrote:
> Last week I had a big bug with the function of mail pop from a mail server
> to a tickets queue . There was a hundred of mails which were imported at
> a time
> and the pop process forked infinitely until the system stop the joke
> with a "Too many connections" .
> The result is that queue have now more than 400 bad tickets .
>
> As Martin told me , I tried using the Generic Agent to move  the hundreds
> of bad tickets generated by the junked pop from
> one queue to another but it did nothing.

Check the name of the queue (case sensitive). The Generic Agent works well.

> because i could not find a way to purge the queues quickly,
> I tried to rename a queue to a junk name and create another with the old
> name
> in order to move the few good tickets to the good queue.
> and now  neither the newest queue nor the oldest are  visible anywhere
>
> so i think the best thing is to destroy everything in OTRS and reinstall.
>
> but I dont know how to keep the good tickets !
> is it possible to export tickets to TRUE mail folders
> in order to re-import them in a new DB  ?

No, it's not implemented because normally you dump the database and
pipe it into a new database.

> it is the third time i am in a cul-de-sac whith OTRS.
> I think too much  functions have no undo ,

There is mostly no undo for ticket actions because it's important to
log all ticket events to have a full history of all.

> Another problem : when popping  mails to tickets, the tickets are created
> with the date of now, and not the original date of the mails, which is not
> necessarily now.

This is correct, because each sender of an email can set the date of the email.

 -=> So OTRS is using the arrival time.

> Jerome

  Martin

--