Hi,

We are currently looking at using OTRS to handle our IT dept support desk. However, we
have a couple of issues, all relating to Windows Active Directory integration. ORTS is
installed on a Linux box.

* The customer LDAP integration:
Is it possible to filter on the LDAP query? The default customer LDAP query brings
back users, groups and computer accounts, and all we need is the user accounts. Is it
possible to include a filter in this function which only looks up the user values if
let's say "sAMAccountType=805306368"?

* Agent/Customer Login authentication:
Have anyone integrated the login screens for agent and Customers with normal Apache
HTTP AUTH type authentication? We are using NTLM via the perl module Authen::NTLM for
apache. With this we can authenticate seamless for all IE users. It would be extremely
nice to be able to use this function with OTRS as well. Since OTRS is written in Perl
it ought to be possible to do this, but I'm not very good with perl coding yet... The
other option would be to use cookie authentication from a trusted SSO system like
WebAuth http://webauthv3.stanford.edu/.

* Customers import from Active Directory:
As the customer must exist in the OTRS database, have anyone written any
synchronisation scripts to update ORTS with data directly from Active Directory (or
any other LDAP database) on a daily basis? If not, is it enough to populate the
customer_user table, or are there other tables that needs to be updated at the same
time when inserting a new customer from the "back side"?

Regards,
Thomas Nilsen
Svg Support
Tel: +47 51 81 01 30 - Mob: +47 916 98 229

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the
property of the Roxar Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to read,
print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
all copies of this message.