Firstly, I apologize if I am submitting a question to the wrong mailing
list. Secondly, I am impressed with OTRS. I have 'okay' linux skills, and
despite a 'fingers-crossed' install, things are working pretty well. I have
at least been able to pull emails off of my exchange server (m2.agia.com)
via POP3, and from there I am able to assign ownership, make notes, and
everything else internal is running great.

My problem is this:
When sending an email outside my otrs server, via POP3(?) to my exchange
server, I receive the following message:

|------------------------- Message log follows: -------------------------|
 no valid recipients were found for this message
 Xfail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> reason: (ERR164) router inet_hosts: DNS error: The
MX (m1.agia.com) target hostname 'm1.agia.com' has an unauthorised address
of [172.25.0.10]: RFC-1918 addresses are never valid for MX targets on the
public Internet!

The address of my correct mail exchange server is 172.25.0.11 (m2.agia.com).
An associate of mine said I need to run nslookup, commands
Nslookup
Set type=mx
Agia.com

I did, and the results are below:

# nslookup
Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
> set type=mx
> agia.com
Server:         172.25.0.203
Address:        172.25.0.203#53

agia.com        mail exchanger = 15 m1.agia.com.
agia.com        mail exchanger = 10 m2.agia.com.

After running these commands, I did not see any change in the returned sent
mail error messages.

So, apparently, the first entry is the one that's giving me problems, but I
don't know how to tell otrs that it's invalid, or remove it from my local
machine somewhere. I'm not too sufficient at linux networking, and I may
have bungled my /etc/hosts file which has an entry for my mail server which
I may not need. In addition, I may have left off a trailing period (.) on
one of my entries *(read that in a forum somewhere).

Here is my hosts file:
127.0.0.1       helpdesk localhost
172.25.1.76     helpdesk.agia.com helpdesk
172.25.0.11     m2.agia.com m2
# (added automatically by netbase upgrade)

::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
hosts (END)

Also, I edited my resolv.conf file which again, I may have messed up:
domain agia.com
nameserver 172.25.0.203
nameserver 172.25.0.101
nameserver 172.25.0.11
resolv.conf (END)

M2 (172.25.0.11), which is the mail server I need to work with, is also a
name server; we have 2 others, so perhaps I don't need M2 in there. Before I
went ahead and removed any entries, and mess up my mostly-functioning otrs
installation, I wanted to consult the mailing list.

Please be succinct in any replies. I do not know dig, nslookup, or DNS for
that matter very well at all.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,
Jason Coltrin