On Thursday, November 27, 2003 9:08 AM
Jason Coltrin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When sending an email outside my otrs server, via POP3(?) to my

Never. It's SMTP.

> exchange server, I receive the following message:
>
>> ------------------------- Message log follows:
>> -------------------------|
>  no valid recipients were found for this message
>  Xfail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> reason: (ERR164) router inet_hosts: DNS
> error: The MX (m1.agia.com) target hostname 'm1.agia.com' has an
> unauthorised address of [172.25.0.10]: RFC-1918 addresses are never
> valid for MX targets on the public Internet!

The above is coming from your mail server, not from OTRS. As a mail
server with an RFC1918-Address like yours isn't directly reachable from
the internet, you get the above error.

You might want to take care you're using the right server to send mail.
The output looks like coming from an smail installation, not Exchange.
Check your Mail settings in OTRS, I believe you are using your
localhost's smail (not the best choice anyway - consider exim) instead
of your SMTP Exchange. To use the latter, set this in Config.pm:

    $Self->{'SendmailModule'} = 'Kernel::System::Email::SMTP';
    $Self->{'SendmailModule::Host'} = 'm2.agio.com';
    $Self->{'SendmailModule::Port'} = '25';
    $Self->{'SendmailModule::AuthUser'} = ''; #adapt this setting
    $Self->{'SendmailModule::AuthPassword'} = ''; #adapt this setting

I don't believe changing the below will do anything about it, but you
might want to try setting this in Config.pm:

    $Self->{CheckMXRecord} = 1;

hth,

Robert Kehl

--
((otrs.de)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Str. 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
         http://www.otrs.de/ :: Tel. +49 (0)6172 4832388