I attempted to upgrade an existing OTRS 1.1 to the new 1.2, and it
didn't seem to go so well. Everything on the checklist executed
properly, but when I try to hit the site I get.

403 You don't have permission to access /otrs/index.pl on this server.

I feel like it's something really silly that I just keep missing.

I have checked the file permissions on /opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/* and
everything looks good.

I am running Apache 2.0.40 and can't find traces of otrs anywhere in the
httpd.conf. Below is the content of /etc/httpd/conf.d/otrs.conf

# --
# added for OTRS (http://otrs.org/)
# --

# agent, admin and customer frontend
ScriptAlias /otrs/ "/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/"
Alias /otrs-web/ "/opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/"

# load all otrs modules
Perlrequire /opt/otrs/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl

# Apache::Reload - Reload Perl Modules when Changed on Disk
PerlModule Apache::Reload
PerlInitHandler Apache::Reload

# set mod_perl2 options
<Location /otrs>
#  ErrorDocument 403 /otrs/customer.pl
  ErrorDocument 403 /otrs/index.pl
  SetHandler  perl-script
  PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry
  Options +ExecCGI
  PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
</Location>

# MaxRequestsPerChild (so no apache child will be to big!)
MaxRequestsPerChild 400

I very greatly appreciate any help that could be provided,

Stefan