Hello OTRS'ers,

We were wondering what the right strategy is to handle excessively large attachments sent to the system (we've just gotten past the max_allowed_packet MySQL issue ; ). A couple of questions come up:

1. Does the system "auto-bounce" messages that are too large so the Customer knows we couldn't receive it? (Our current testing suggests this isn't the case).

2. Assuming the answer to the previous question is no, would the right way to handle this be at the mailserver? That is, should we configure the incoming POP3 mailserver to reject anything greater than $MaxFileUpload (so the system effectively never sees it)?

3. Is there another solution people are using to make sure Customers know their large email attachment wasn't received?

Thanks for your help : )

-- Joe