Am Mo, den 10.05.2004 schrieb Robert Kehl um 19:01:

Hi,

> >> How did you formerly receive the eMail?
> >
> > The same way.
>
> I can hardly believe you're injecting your emails into OTRS by cat'ing
> them. Was it PostMasterPOP3.pl, or .procmailrc piping to Postmaster.pl
> or which other, usuable way?

procmail pipes it to PostMaster.pl, but that's actually the same as
doing "cat email | procmail" ;-)

> Please enable debugging to get more info. Set
>   $Self->{Debug} = 9;
> in Kernel/Config.pm and Kernel/System/PostMaster.pm.

How much will this fill the logs?

> > BUT every now and then one of the mail's attachments can not be opened
> > according to their name.
>
> Thereby you mean, by clicking on xyz.pdf you open file-1, the text? As

Yes

> you described? Or are there other errors, too?

No.

> > It hasn't happened lately, btw, although this may just be because we
> > do not generally receive a lot of mails with attachments. I've added
> > another backup rule to procmail prior to any modifications to the
> > mails and will keep an eye on it to get a 'clean' copy where I can
> > reproduce it.
>
> Great idea. Could you post the recipe, just for the archives? This would
> help the more unexperienced users now and in future, I guess.

Well, it's the same rule as the other backup rule, I just copied it to
the top of the rc file to get a backup copy as I received the mail -
prior to adding headers and putting it through spamassassin and the
virus filter.

The rule is just
:0 c :
$SYS_HOME/var/INBOX.Backup.$MONTHFOLDER_plain

--
Daniel Seifert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>