Hi,

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Robert Kehl wrote:
> On Saturday, May 08, 2004 5:24 PM Eberhard Moenkeberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > It seems I have the same problem with SuSE-9.1 (apache2-mod_perl is
> > installed, but rpm is crying for mod_perl), but your advice does
> > only help to get apache2 running, but not OTRS.
>
> Seems we have to overwork the .spec for SuSE-9.1, don't we? :(

Yes, slightly. The rpm did install using --nodeps.
Further I had to change rcapache to rcapache2 in /etc/sysconfig/otrs.

> In the meantime, you may want to follow the tarry way of installing
> OTRS:
> http://doc.otrs.org/1.2/en/html/install-cli.html
> http://doc.otrs.org/1.2/de/html/install-cli.html

Due to my lazyness, I did it with the RPM. ;_))

> > With http://localhost/otrs/installer.pl I simply get the option to
> > view that file with an editor or to download it to disk.
>
> That would point towards a faulty Perl integration in Apache... Your
> webserver isn't capable of executing perl scripts.

Yes, this was the main fault: I had forgotten to add "perl" to the
APACHE_MODULES setting in /etc/sysconfig/apache2.
SUSE does not do it automatically when installing apache2-mod_perl.

The last thing I had to do before I could run
http://localhost/otrs/installer.pl was to add

  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all

under <Location /otrs> in /etc/apache2/conf.d/otrs.conf and
/opt/otrs/scripts/apache2-httpd.include.conf.
I am not sure if this is a lack of otrs.conf or if it is due to
my personal "general" setup.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])