Chris Ridd wrote:
> We're looking at using OTRS to handle our support call tracking. It
> looks great so far, and is much faster than RT3 ;-)
>
> So what normally happens here is that someone emails
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], and I can set up OTRS to spot these messages,
> create a call and send an auto response.
>
> Now when someone internal responds to a call, they email the customer
> and 'cc' [EMAIL PROTECTED] Is there any way for OTRS to detect those

Yes, this is possible.  Please look at Chapter 7 "Filtering/dispatching by
OTRS/PostMaster modules (for more complex dispatching)", Chapter 23
"PostMaster Filter Modules", and look at /opt/otrs/docs/X-OTRS-Headers.txt.
This will give you all the information you need for detecting and acting on
email.  Have your agents put special keywords in the subject line of the
message that can be recognized by X-OTRS-Headers and then set the state
accordingly.

> Folks here hate using a web interface to send email, so having a way
> to update the call without using the web interface would be greatly
> appreciated :-)

This is possible with the information I have given you but be aware that it
completely blows security to hell.  Any actions taken by X-OTRS-Headers will
be logged as done by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".  So, you will have no agent
accountability.  Additionally, ANY user that specifies the keywords in the
subject line of the email can manipulate the system to open, close, move
tickets, etc depending on what logic you have programmed.

** To reiterate.  This can be done but is NOT RECOMMENDED.  **

That said, do what you like! :-)

hth,

Tyler Hepworth