Really appreciate some help with this. Bound to be a simple stuff up on
my part.

I have a problem with viewing attachments like word and excel.

When I try to view them the correct application gets launched but I get
garbage presented. If I forward the e-mail to exchange the attachment is
ok.

I have successfully implemented another OTRS server and the attachments
work fine on it. If I point this server to the data of my problem server
it also can't present them correctly.

I moved the data from my good OTRS server to the db server of my bad
OTRS server and the attachments continue to work correctly. So it is not
the DB.

I am running OTRS 1.2.3.
Apache 1.3.29 mod_perl
Mysql 4.0.18

Otrs.checkmodules reports:
Can't stat /etc/perl: No such file or directory
 at ./otrs.checkModules line 41
Can't stat /usr/local/lib/site_perl: No such file or directory
 at ./otrs.checkModules line 41
                  CGI ... ok