Hi Sloan,

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 12:25:32PM -0500, Sloan Bowman wrote:
> How can I enable the message of the day on the customer interface? I have
> include the $Date{Motd} but it does not display anything. I have already
> enabled the feature in the Defaults.pm config. Thanks for your help.

The customer interface comes without motd feature in OTRS 1.2. :-(

I have two solutions for OTRS 1.3 (release date 2004-09-20).

In OTRS 1.3 comes with an .dtl Include feature. So you can simply
include other .dtl files in the .dtl (e. g. in
Kernel/Output/HTML/Standard/CustomerLogin.dtl) by adding a new
file (e. g. Kernel/Output/HTML/Standard/CustomerMotd.dtl) and
add the the CustomerLogin.dtl:

$Include{"CustomerMotd"}

Then the content on CustomerMotd.dtl will be shown in CustomerLogin.dtl.

Other way would be the new PreApplicationModule layer (availabe in
Agent and Customer-Interface in OTRS 1.3). This way you can show (after the login)
a message to the customer/agent and the customer/agent needs to press
the "accept" button.

Example for Kernel/Config.pm:

    # CustomerPanelPreApplicationModule
    # (Used for every request, if defined, the PreRun() function of
    # this module will be used. This interface use useful to check
    # some user options or to redirect not accept new application
    # news)
    $Self->{CustomerPanelPreApplicationModule} = 'Kernel::Modules::CustomerAccept';
    # Kernel::Modules::CustomerAccept check key, if this user preferences key
    # is true, then the message is already accepted
    $Self->{'CustomerPanel::InfoKey'} = 'CustomerAccept1';
    # shown InfoFile located under Kernel/Output/HTML/Standard/CustomerAccept.dtl
    $Self->{'CustomerPanel::InfoFile'} = 'CustomerAccept';

> Sloan Bowman
> IS/IT Department
> Athlon Sports Communications
> Office: 615.327.0747 x.226

  Martin Edenhofer

--
((otrs.de)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Str. 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
        http://www.otrs.de/ :: Manage your communication!