There are two ways of running spamassassin, the method in the
PreFilterModule definition is for the server level configuration, with
all mail accounts effectively getting the same anti-spam definition.

I run the client(spamc)/server(spamd) variant in which account based
definitions are used.

I decided to use the latter after reading the spamassassin
documentation, as the machine also acts as a mail server. This gives
individual accounts some control of defining defining spam...., and to
tune the otrs account in a different manner to others.

With procmail it also give me the option to direct abuse and postmaster
enquiries that include spam to otrs in a sensible manner. (Unfortunately
dealing with I.T. related enquiries one can get legitimate spam related
enquiries that could flagged as spam which may be undesirable...).

I am using 2.64 and X-Spam-Status seems to be in all messages, but the
fields existence does not in itself indicate a message is spam. 3.x
seems to be about a month old, I have not checked what (if any)
difference between 2.6x and 3.x behaviour exists. This may make
assumptions in Default.pm examples redundant.

--
Meum est propositum
In tabernum mori,

Graham Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>