I don't see where you add customers to groups?  Do I need to enable that
somewhere?  We are authenticating customers and getting customer data
from Active Directory.  The customers are not pre-added into otrs.  If
they haven't been into the interface before, they'll just log in and it
will create their account I guess.

It's not that I don't want otrs to work from outside, it doesn't.  The
fqdn isn't resolvable from the Internet.

However, we have many users who cannot receive email sent from outside
the organization.  And because of the way Exchange (sucks) handles this,
we have to create a distribution group and set it so that these users
can only receive email from users in the distribution group.  So what I
was doing to do was have the "from" address be an address within the
distribution group ([EMAIL PROTECTED] for instance) and the reply-to address
be the otrs address.  Because of the way Exchange works, I can't get the
otrs address to be considered internal.

Kinda blows.