Jack Doyle schrieb:
I don't see where you add customers to groups? Do I need to enable that
somewhere?

Yes, have a look into Kernel/Confg/Defaults.pm and search for the option CustomerGroupSupport'. There is a help text available.

> We are authenticating customers and getting customer data
from Active Directory.  The customers are not pre-added into otrs.  If
they haven't been into the interface before, they'll just log in and it
will create their account I guess.

Guess wrong. This is true only for agents, not for customers, it's just their preferences being stored there.

It's not that I don't want otrs to work from outside, it doesn't.  The
fqdn isn't resolvable from the Internet.

What about back-proxying?

However, we have many users who cannot receive email sent from outside
the organization.  And because of the way Exchange (sucks) handles this,
we have to create a distribution group and set it so that these users
can only receive email from users in the distribution group.  So what I
was doing to do was have the "from" address be an address within the
distribution group ([EMAIL PROTECTED] for instance) and the reply-to address
be the otrs address.  Because of the way Exchange works, I can't get the
otrs address to be considered internal.
Kinda blows.

Right you are, this is messy. I guess you won't come around an adaption inserting the Reply-To-header if Exchange doesn't provide this. For sure you could use a proxy SMTP to do so, say the locally installed SMTP server (if it weren't Exchange, too, nor the Windows SMTP relayer). exim is perfect for this, good is qmail, even sendmail, and last, but least, postfix may suit you.

With kind regards,

Robert Kehl