Thanks for your reply.

I'm using the 'Timezone' parameter from 'Defaults.pm' because the webserver I'm installing this on has it's local time set to GMT+0 365 days per year. The webserver administrator's reasoning is, "it allows all clients located all over the world to remain unaffected by daylight savings in other countries. Any programs you have should be designed with an offset, so that you can alter the timezone to suit your location's timezone."

The result is the time displayed on the OTRS screens is currently ahead by 4 hours relative to the US Eastern Daylight Savings time. In order to display EDT, the Timezone offset parameter in Defaults.pm (or Config.pm) must be set to '-4'.

The problem with this is, it causes 'sub CheckSessionID' in 'Kernel::System::AuthSession::IPC' to test 'true' always, thus preventing login by all (admin, agents, and customers). This would also be the case when time goes back to Eastern Standard Time in the Fall, whereby the offset would be set to '-5'. For those in the Pacific timezone, this offset is even 'more negative' relative to GMT+0.

In order for the 'CheckSessionID' subroutine to work in the US for all OTRS users when webservers are set to GMT+0 (which is occurring more and more), that calculation has to render 'false' in order to login.

I'll look into 'FS' for sessions, but I haven't seen much info on what it is all about. I'd like to know why 'IPC' was chosen over 'FS' as 'default' in 'Defaults.pm' and whether it's because there may be a disadvantage to using 'FS' or whether it's webserver-configuration dependent. If you know, please let me know.

I can then modify the displayed time in OTRS to display the time on OTRS screens to the eastern time zone. I'd have to look at the trying to get the tickets' time when submitted to display the eastern time zone versus again, GMT+0.

Again, thanks for your response.