Hi All,
Love OTRS so far (and my CIO is going to love it more!)...Have it
running on SuSe 9.3 w/ MySQL and Apache2.

I have LDAP/AD working perfeclty (as far as I can tell ) for the
Agents and for the Customer Backend, but I'm running into trouble
getting it to work for the Customer Authentication... - for example, I
can login as myself as an agent.  And then look myself up in the
Customer User Management by first name and have the system return all
of the kevins from my AD...

I'm using exactly the same host, BaseDN, SearchUserDN/Pw, and UID for
all three sections in config.pm. (via copy/paste)   and I'm not using
the GroupDN attribute in any of them.

I've done some packet captures and I'm seeing some differences between
the successful and failed LDAP connections:

Successful: I see a bind request from a specific port with the bind
result going back to that same port.  Then I see the Search request
come from the same port and the search result is returned.

not Successful:  I see a I see a bind request from a specific port
with the bind result going back to that same port.  Then I see the
Search request come from a different port and the message returned is:
"In Order to perform this operation a successful bind must be
completed on the connection."

Any thoughts on what I should look at next would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Kevin.