Actually, anybody can send an email into the system, but you gain
loads of functionality if you setup the customeruser information...

If you have AD (I'm assuming the same is true for OpenLDAP), its
relatively easy to set up the Agent, CustomerAuthentication and
CustomerUser to get their infomation from the directory.  Then you
only have to add agents to the system to control what access they
have.

Working great for me with AD....