Hmm, in that case, you may have one of two issues.

The first is that the system clock is set to US EST (Is it a DELL?
That happens sometimes) and, depending on what function is called, the
code may be getting hardware time NOT system time (guess how I know
this ;-).

The other idea is that OTRS has a timezone hardcoded in it somewhere.
I haven't looked, but that's the only other thing that I can think of
at the local system.

Are you positive that the mail you sent with the PHP script followed
the same route as the mail from OTRS?  Is the database, mail server,
and web server all on the same machine?  If not, check the clocks on
the other machines.

Good Luck!

Trevor

--