i think it needs to be an official forum hosted on the official otrs website, so that all otrs users are aware of it. i did some searching and saw that a few people attempted to build their own unofficial otrs forums in the past, but these attempts were obviously not very successful, since we're all posting here instead of over there.

lets hear from some of the otrs devs on this!

John A. Heidingsfelder Jr. wrote:
I third that.  This mailing list is very high volume.  And it's all
valid questions with some not so easy answers.  Would be nice to have
a forum... something as simple as phpBB would work.  Thing is, I may
have to unsubscribe to this list because of the high volume.  So, yes I
agree.

But should this be an official otrs forum, or a community only one.
Getting a domain name and web host isn't a big deal, but perhaps having
it ride on a subdomain of otrs.org(forums.otrs.org) would be best.

John