From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Pim Rupert (Lemonbit)
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 10:58 AM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.org
Subject: Re: [otrs] problems sending/receiving mail on freebsd

Hi Michael,

I hope I understand this correct (as English is not my native language):
Problem: Any messages sent out via OTRS will fail at delivery.

> Notice that its going to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" which is correct but
> the
> "ctladdr=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is the hostname
> "falcon.sky-river.com" + domain "sky-river.com" we do not have a
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] email or domain. What should this be set to
> and I do not see an area as where to change this. Thanks guys

falcon.sky-river.com is the hostname of the machine on which OTRS is
running
otrs is the user which sends e-mails from server 'falcon'

Probably your ISP is blocking this e-mail, because they don't manage
mail for falcon.sky-river.com

Various solutions:
1) Just use your own mailserver on your FreeBSD machine (why the heck
not?)
2) Ask your ISP to allow mail from falcon.sky-river.com
3) Hack into OTRS to fake the Return-Path (original 'sender' in e-
mail headers)

And I don't care about your alcohol habits, as long as my mailbox is
ordered nice and clean.
j/k ;-)

Kind regards,
Pim Rupert