Hello!

I recently installed otrs and had a world of problems setting up

the internationalization. Now it's finally working, at least I thought so.

I am using the latest version of OTRS, and a PostgreSQL database

backend on Slackware 10.2. I use croatian characters to enter ticket and customer

information. I set the default charset to utf-8 in otrs, also the

database I created in Postgres is also set to utf-8.

I managed to enter a Customer ID which contains the croatian character ć',

for example. But when I try to search for the same customer by entering

their Customer ID that contains a croatian character I get this error:

Software error:

Wide character in syswrite at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i486-linux/Sys/Syslog.pm line 401.

I checked the Syslog.pm file with “nl Syslog.pm | less” and according to otrs the error should be in the following

statement:

   399      if (!socket(SYSLOG,AF_INET,SOCK_STREAM,$tcp)) {

   400          push(@{$errs}, "tcp socket: $!");

   401          return 0;

   402      }

More precisely, the line „return 0;“. What is this statement supposed to do? Is it causing the error?

Is this a bug?

I would greatly appreciate any kind of assistance.

Tomislav Tomašić

Badurini d.o.o.

Sorkočevićeva 8

HR-10000 Zagreb